Before we start the details on how you can get started with Direct Publishing in HeyOrca, here’s a quick overview of HeyOrca’s current Instagram Scheduling & Publishing capabilities:
Due to restrictions in Instagram’s API, HeyOrca and all other social media management tools cannot currently publish the following types of Instagram posts directly (You can still create and publish these types of Instagram posts from HeyOrca using the Mobile App or Email Publishing feature):
Follow these 3 steps to get started with Direct Publishing!
Step 1: Configure your account for Publishing
In order to connect your Instagram account to HeyOrca for direct publishing, you need to ensure that your IG account has the following settings enabled:
- Your Instagram account will need to be set up as a Business Account. If you are currently using a personal profile, you can follow the steps here to convert it.
- Your Instagram account has to be connected to a Facebook Page. Here are instructions to help you connect your accounts.
Step 2: Reauthorize Your Instagram Account in HeyOrca
Now that your Instagram account is setup properly, all you have to do is reauthorize the connection in HeyOrca to enable Instagram Direct Publishing.
If you are having trouble reauthorizing your accounts, follow our troubleshooting guide here.
Step 3: Change your account's publishing status to "Direct" in your calendar settings
In the drop down menu next to your Instagram account, you'll see new options to select.
- Direct, with Mobile Notifications – this will allow you to publish single image and single video posts directly from HeyOrca. All other types of Instagram posts will be published using the Mobile App only.
- Direct, with Email Notifications -this will allow you to publish single image and single video posts directly from HeyOrca. All other types of Instagram posts will be published using the Email Publishing feature only.
- Direct, with Mobile & Email Notifications – this will allow you to publish single image and single video posts directly from HeyOrca. All other types of Instagram posts will be published using either the Mobile App & Email Publishing feature
Step 3: Start creating your content in HeyOrca!
You can create your content as you would have previously on your Instagram account, but now you’ll be able to save even more time by having your single-image and video posts schedule automatically!
Adding your Instagram account for the first time? Follow the account configurations steps above, and then continue with these steps:
1. Add your Instagram Account to a HeyOrca Calendar
- Select the calendar you’d like to add an Instagram Account to
- Follow these simple steps to add your account to the HeyOrca calendar
2. Start Publishing Content Directly to Instagram
You are all set up to publish content from HeyOrca to your Instagram Account.
Here are the current media requirements for Instagram posts:
- Max file size of 8MB
- Aspect ratio between 4:5 and 1.91:1
- Min. width: 320
- Max width: 1440
- Height depends on width restrictions and aspect ratio
- File format: JPEG
- Max file size of 100MB
- Aspect ratio between 4:5 and 16:9
- Min. width: 600
- Max width 1920
- 3 seconds min, 60 seconds max
- File format: MP4 or MOV
Have more questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime 👌