Uploading Videos in HeyOrca
Uploading a video feels very similar to uploading an image in HeyOrca. When creating or editing a post, simply click the video icon and upload your video:
Once your video has been processed, you can also modify the video details including the title and a custom thumbnail.
Recommended Video File Formats in HeyOrca
HeyOrca currently supports all video file formats by converting any uploaded videos into the recommended formats as outlined by Facebook and Twitter.
When exporting your video from editing software (ex: Final Cut Pro, Avid, iMovie) we recommend these custom settings:
- H.264 video with AAC audio in MOV or MP4 format
- An aspect ratio no larger than 1280px wide and divisible by 16px
- A frame rate at, or below, 30fps
- Stereo audio with a sample rate of 44,100hz
Check out Facebook's Recommendation on Video Formatting.
Video specifications and recommendations from Twitter (in addition to the 512MB file size limit) include:
- Duration should be between 0.5 seconds and 30 seconds
- Dimensions should be between 32x32 and 1280x1024
- Aspect ratio should be between 1:3 and 3:1
- Frame rate should be 40 fps or less
- Audio should be mono or stereo
Check out Twitter's Guide to Uploading Media Files
Video specifications and recommendations from Instagram include:
- Video aspect ratio: Landscape (1.91:1), Square (1:1), Vertical (4:5)
- Minimum resolution: 600 x 315 pixels (1.91:1 landscape) / 600 x 600 pixels (1:1 square) / 600 x 750 pixels (4:5 vertical)
- Minimum video length is 3 secs
- Maximum video length is 60 seconds*
- Maximum size is 4GB
- Frame rate should be 30fps max
LinkedIn (Business & Personal pages)
- Videos are not currently supported for publishing to either LinkedIn Business or Personal pages
For more information on Instagram’s video specs, check out the Facebook Help Center.
Have any questions? Tweet us @HeyOrca or send us a message any time 👌